Find grants, funding and support programs from across government to help your business grow and succeed. When searching for funding in Downtown Singapore, keep in mind that you’ll generally need to meet certain criteria to be eligible, and that aside from funding assistance, many programs can help your business by building your skills and knowledge.
In addition, the job search process can be mentally and emotionally challenging, not to mention the financial opportunity costs of not working in Downtown is usually high.
Common scenarios include fresh graduates looking for their first full-time job; mature workers hoping to start a new phase of their career; or those who got retrenched and wish to find employment.
Unlike in the past, where people work for the same employer for the entire duration of their working lives, the working adults of today will find themselves in the market for a job much more often.
Develop Your Skill In A Profitable Manner Using the Skill Development Program
Every organization with managers can benefit from leadership development programs. By maximizing the effectiveness of your leadership pool, your entire workforce reaps benefits. While morale is a big part of this equation, a lot of the benefits are easier to demonstrate tangibly, and impact the organizations bottom line. Here is a list of five ways leadership development justifies itself with benefits to your workforce:
Five Key Benefits of Leadership Development:
- Boosts Morale: the most obvious benefit is also the hardest to measure. A poor leader can make any worker miserable, and miserable workers don't do their jobs well. Having your leaders be well trained and intentional in how they lead will have an immediate impact on the work environment, which leads to a snowball effect of positive outcomes. Though morale seems like an abstract, that doesn't mean that the results aren't noticeable.
- Limits Employee Turnover: Keeping your workers motivated, content and showing them respect makes it less likely they will leave. Less turnover impacts the bottom line immensely; you get to keep skilled staff and team dynamics while avoiding the cost of recruiting and training new employees. Don't underestimate the cost of cycling through a perpetually non-content workforce.
- Increases Productivity: Effective leaders are able to guide their team and minimize obstacles. They get the best results out of the resources at their disposal. This means that the team members are ultimately empowered to succeed, resulting in much better productivity.
- Provides Better vision: When leaders are well-connected with their team's, they can see the issues effecting the group better. This vision makes problem solving easier and keeps the group from being blindsided. Also, the more aware leaders are of the group, the better they are at creating a solid set of actionable goals which can lead to success.
- Fosters New Ideas: An effective leader is a good facilitator, making the comfortable enough to share new ideas, and allowing for them to study those ideas in detail. Being a good steward of new ideas can help keep your organization dynamic and ever evolving.
To support Singaporeans based in Downtown in these aspects, here are the government grants and resources that you can utilize. These programs are administered by Workforce Singapore, a statutory board under the Ministry of Manpower.
A service excellence seminar will give you the competitive advantage you need to survive in a tough business climate. In today’s customer-oriented business environment, people skills are critical for personal and organizational success.
Likewise, a customer service excellence seminar gives you the skills you need to communicate professionalism, gain respect, enhance customer relationships and secure an overall competitive advantage through customer service excellence.
How you handle your customers can directly affect your individual goals as well as your team’s and company’s performance.
Trademark Process in Asian Countries
Online education programs are becoming increasing popular among employers. Many companies are likely to give support to their employees who are interested in pursuing a degree or further education through online education programs. Some companies even give scholarships or grants specially dedicated for their employees who enroll into online education programs. Why many employers like online education programs and encourage their employees to pursue their degree online if they are interested to enrich their knowledge with a degree?
Traditionally, if an employee want to further his study, he needs to either quit his job or takes a long unpaid leave in order to go back to school for a degree. If this is the case, employer will need to hire a new staff to replace the leaving employee or he need to find a temporary replacement if the employee is taking a long unpaid leave. It's inconvenient for the employers if many of their employees want to quit their job and go back to school to get a further degree for their career advancement. Employers definitely do not want to let their experience staffs to leave and keep hiring new staffs and re-train for the vacant positions.
Online education programs have provided a perfect solution to employers. Employees who like to further their study are encouraged to pursue their degree online. Employees who are taking online degree programs will be able to continue their job and their current living style while effectively manage their time for the online courses so that it won't crash with their working schedule. Flexible, self-pace and study from anywhere and anytime are the key advantages that will benefits both the working individuals and employers. For job that need a lot of traveling, online education program fits in perfectly. It allows the online students to attend the online classes from home or while traveling.
Strong educational background that equip with the required skills in the related field will enable the employees to perform their jobs flawlessly. Now, employers can encourage their employees to earn a job related degree to gain more knowledge on their working field and be prepared for more challenging tasks. IBM, one of bigger corporate players is continuously encourage their employees especially managers and senior management team to pursue their MBA through distance learning programs. IBM commented that they needs a wide range of qualified managers at all level and that online education approach is the only one that is feasible in terms of cost, time and numbers.
Many companies do allocate scholarships and grants for their employees who are interested to further their study. Among these scholarships, some are dedicated specially for online students. Fund allocations for employees who study online are increasing showing more employers are encouraging online education to their employees.
More and more employers are encouraging their employees who like to further study to pursue their degree through online education programs. Employers like online education program because it provides a perfect solution for employers to allow their employee to enrich their knowledge in their job related field while retain their employees at their company.
Who Should Attend ?
Thelearningtobefearless advocates that you belong to any of this you should consider attending such skill enhancement programs. Small business owners, customer service representatives, technical and support personnel, field service representatives, account managers, credit and billing specialists, as well as managers who want service excellence training.
How You Will Benefit ?
You would be able to deliver better, faster service, and increase customer satisfaction through a customer service excellence seminar. You will learn how to gain repeat business in Downtown Singapore.
In addition to all this you should often check the Government jobs portal that aims to provide Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) with free job search service that matches them to jobs based on their relevant skills.