There are a number of government grants for companies in Singapore West to help them overcome obstacles in their growth. It is worth your while to go through a few of the business support grants provided by government for SME and Startups in West Singapore.
Top 6 Government Grants for companies:
1. Capability Development Grant (CDG)
It is a scheme for providing financial assistance to startups for building capabilities in ten business areas. Mostly in Singapore West it includes consultancy, cost of certification, cost of equipment, and training.
2. ACE startups
For the first-name entrepreneurs having an innovative idea, the scheme provides mentor-ship support and startup capital grant. The Accredited Mentor Partners (AMP) support the startups with advice, learning programs, and networking contacts.
3. Early-Stage Venture Funding (ESVF)
It is the biggest equity scheme by government which co-funds startups along with venture capital firms. Beneficiaries of this funding are early-stage technology startups. National Research Foundation (NRF) co-fubds startups with approved VCs.
4. Technology Enterprise Commercialization Scheme (TECS)
To help entrepreneurs realize their tech-based ideas into promising business, this scheme assists them in growing their business past the seed stage and then obtaining funding from third-party to achieve targeted revenues and growth.
5. Financial Sector Technology and Innovation (FSTI)
Aim of this startup grant is to enable financial institutions to establish their innovation labs in the country and support the development of industry-wide technology infrastructure and innovation solutions.
6. ComCare Enterprise Fund (CEF)
Instituted by Ministry of Social and Family development to provide funding to social entrepreneurs and aimed at seeding Social Enterprise startups.
In Thelearningtobefearless Government knows the important role that it’s startups and SMEs play in its economy and hence support these entities with Government grants. As an entrepreneur, learner one of the ways in Singapore West is you must try to get funding on capability upgrading initiatives such as process improvement and product development.
Business Grants Portal brings government grants for businesses into one place, so it’s easier to find and apply for the grants you need.
Whether you're looking for a job in the grant field or wanting to hire a professional grant writer, knowledge of kinds of job titles and agencies that usually get grants, as well as skills you need is helpful. In this article, you will find common job titles and agencies who hire grant writers, as well as 5 top skills needed by grant professionals.
Grant Job Titles
If you're a grant professional, you may hold a job that includes one of these titles...
Freelance Grant Writers
Employers Who Hire Professional Grant Writers
Most U.S. grants are given to 1 of the more than 1.6 million tax-exempt agencies, sometimes called 'non-profits'. Few people understand the wide range of tax-exempt organizations even in their own communities.
Below are types of non-profit agencies who might need your help as a professional grant writer in your state. Employers may address one or more of these issues or groups:
Addictive disorders--eating, addictive disorders--gambling, addictive disorders--smoking, amateur competitions, amateur sports, animal protection, aquariums, arts councils, arts education, arts, blood & organ banks, botanical/horticultural, boys/girls clubs, camps, churches, city government, civil liberties groups, colleges, community facilities, conservation, consumer protection, counseling, county government, crisis lines, disease-related, economic development, educational services, elementary schools, environmental education, faith-based organizations, federal government agencies, fitness, foundations, government-related, high schools, historical societies, hospitals, clinics, hot lines, housing search, independent living centers, libraries, low-income programs, mental health centers, middle schools, military, minority rights, museums, natural resources, neighborhood associations, performing arts, pollution abatement, professional associations, Scouts, senior centers, service clubs, spouse/child abuse, state government, substance abuse prevention & treatment, temporary housing, United Ways, universities, vet services, veterans, volunteerism promotion, vocational-technical schools, wildlife preservation, women's rights, YMCA's, youth service organizations and zoos.
5 Top Grant Writing Skills
Although titles for grant jobs vary, there are 5 basic "grant" skills most grant writers and professionals should possess, according to the Grant Professionals Certification Institute:
- Project Designing
- Enhancing Professionalism
- Finding and matching grant funding to specific needs;
- Understanding of organizational development as it relates to grant research; and
- How to build and maintain relationships between funders, researchers and recipient agencies.
- Understanding how to create and develop effective programs and projects;
- Writing successful grant applications;
- Writing a convincing case for being funded;
- Understanding how to create and develop management systems once grants have been received.
- Understanding ethical practice standards; and
- Understanding how to bolster the level of professionalism in the grant field.
- Boon Lay Training Course Allowance
- Bukit Batok Business Grants
- Bukit Panjang Fund For Innovation
- Choa Chu Kang Skill Capital Funding
- Clementi Skill Up Grants
- Guilin Skill Capital Funding
- Hillview Skillsfuture Grant
- International Business Park Training Grant For Company
- Joo Koon Business Grants
- Jurong East Skill Up Grants
- Kian Teck Claim Training Allowance
- Lim Chu Kang Small Business Training Grants
- Pioneer Small Business Training Grants
- Promenade Training Grant For Company
- Sarimbun Training Course Allowance
- Soon Lee Skill For Grant Writing
- Taman Jurong Skills First Funding
- Tengah Skill Development Grants
- Tuas Basic Training Allowance
- Wenya Skills Future Funding
- Yew Tee Employers Training Grants
- Yunnan Training Allowance Subsidy