Find grants, funding and support programs from across government to help your business grow and succeed. When searching for funding in International Business Park Singapore, keep in mind that you’ll generally need to meet certain criteria to be eligible, and that aside from funding assistance, many programs can help your business by building your skills and knowledge.
In addition, the job search process can be mentally and emotionally challenging, not to mention the financial opportunity costs of not working in International Business Park is usually high.
Common scenarios include fresh graduates looking for their first full-time job; mature workers hoping to start a new phase of their career; or those who got retrenched and wish to find employment.
Unlike in the past, where people work for the same employer for the entire duration of their working lives, the working adults of today will find themselves in the market for a job much more often.
Five Benefits of Leadership Development For Your Organization
Every organization with managers can benefit from leadership development programs. By maximizing the effectiveness of your leadership pool, your entire workforce reaps benefits. While morale is a big part of this equation, a lot of the benefits are easier to demonstrate tangibly, and impact the organizations bottom line. Here is a list of five ways leadership development justifies itself with benefits to your workforce:
Five Key Benefits of Leadership Development:
- Boosts Morale: the most obvious benefit is also the hardest to measure. A poor leader can make any worker miserable, and miserable workers don't do their jobs well. Having your leaders be well trained and intentional in how they lead will have an immediate impact on the work environment, which leads to a snowball effect of positive outcomes. Though morale seems like an abstract, that doesn't mean that the results aren't noticeable.
- Limits Employee Turnover: Keeping your workers motivated, content and showing them respect makes it less likely they will leave. Less turnover impacts the bottom line immensely; you get to keep skilled staff and team dynamics while avoiding the cost of recruiting and training new employees. Don't underestimate the cost of cycling through a perpetually non-content workforce.
- Increases Productivity: Effective leaders are able to guide their team and minimize obstacles. They get the best results out of the resources at their disposal. This means that the team members are ultimately empowered to succeed, resulting in much better productivity.
- Provides Better vision: When leaders are well-connected with their team's, they can see the issues effecting the group better. This vision makes problem solving easier and keeps the group from being blindsided. Also, the more aware leaders are of the group, the better they are at creating a solid set of actionable goals which can lead to success.
- Fosters New Ideas: An effective leader is a good facilitator, making the comfortable enough to share new ideas, and allowing for them to study those ideas in detail. Being a good steward of new ideas can help keep your organization dynamic and ever evolving.
To support Singaporeans based in International Business Park in these aspects, here are the government grants and resources that you can utilize. These programs are administered by Workforce Singapore, a statutory board under the Ministry of Manpower.
A service excellence seminar will give you the competitive advantage you need to survive in a tough business climate. In today’s customer-oriented business environment, people skills are critical for personal and organizational success.
Likewise, a customer service excellence seminar gives you the skills you need to communicate professionalism, gain respect, enhance customer relationships and secure an overall competitive advantage through customer service excellence.
How you handle your customers can directly affect your individual goals as well as your team’s and company’s performance.
Positive Approach To Obtaining Business Grants From The Government
After completing your guide, you need to get that reviewed by someone. There are three types of reviews. First one is Peer Review, second is Subject Matter Expert (SME) review and the third one is Grammar Review. The first review, which is Peer Review, has to be done by your fellow technical writers. During this review, the reviewer goes through the stuff for clarity of instructions, verify and validate written functionality, and check for grammatical errors. Eighty percent of the guide review will be completed during the peer review stage. Unfortunately, most of the times, people do not find time to do a satisfactory peer review. And in some cases, employees' tries to settle personal scores using this as a tool. However, peer review if done properly, then the chances of finding errors in later stages of reviews will deliberately go down.
Technical writing demands a precise, concise, and surgical way of presenting the content to the end user. The writer is supposed to follow the task, understand it, and need to convey the same to the end user in a lucid way. Understanding complex functionalities and presenting them in a lucid manner so that a layman can understand the stuff is not so easy. The writer need to know where s/he has to chunk the stuff so that it is properly convey the underlying idea without wasting the precious time of the reader. However, most of the times, it is easier said than done.
After completion of the task or guide, as per Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC), the said document has to undergo different kinds of reviews. The idea is that by the time the document completes its final review stage, the matter in the document represents exactly the original functionality of the product without any errors or deviations. Most of the companies follow a process where the written document will get reviewed at least once or twice for both the functionality and grammar check.
Peer review is the first stage review. In this review, the document is expected to be cleaned from different errors by at least 80%. The colleague technical writers will do this review. Concentration will be on the functionality and grammar part during this review.
Peer review is heavily dependent on good relations and understanding between the colleagues. One can mar the advantages by playing office politics and cornering the writer in question. These kinds of problems are so common in organizations. The only remedy for these kinds of problems is to conduct the peer review under the supervision of a Project Manager, who has good experience in managing personnel.
In summary, peer review has many advantages. It has the capacity to filter 80% of the errors in the first stage itself. Peer review, when conducted under the supervision of a good personnel manager, will definitely give best results.
Who Should Attend ?
Thelearningtobefearless advocates that you belong to any of this you should consider attending such skill enhancement programs. Small business owners, customer service representatives, technical and support personnel, field service representatives, account managers, credit and billing specialists, as well as managers who want service excellence training.
How You Will Benefit ?
You would be able to deliver better, faster service, and increase customer satisfaction through a customer service excellence seminar. You will learn how to gain repeat business in International Business Park Singapore.
In addition to all this you should often check the Government jobs portal that aims to provide Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) with free job search service that matches them to jobs based on their relevant skills.