Find grants, funding and support programs from across government to help your business grow and succeed. When searching for funding in Pasir Ris Singapore, keep in mind that you’ll generally need to meet certain criteria to be eligible, and that aside from funding assistance, many programs can help your business by building your skills and knowledge.
In addition, the job search process can be mentally and emotionally challenging, not to mention the financial opportunity costs of not working in Pasir Ris is usually high.
Common scenarios include fresh graduates looking for their first full-time job; mature workers hoping to start a new phase of their career; or those who got retrenched and wish to find employment.
Unlike in the past, where people work for the same employer for the entire duration of their working lives, the working adults of today will find themselves in the market for a job much more often.
Various Skill Development Programs To Enhance Employability Of Youth
In 2007, 707,948 trademarks were filed in China, which ranks China's Trademark Office (CTMO) among the busiest in the world. During the same period, 17,747 oppositions were filed. Evidently, with the large number of filings, it is increasingly important that foreign trademark holders both file their marks in China, along with constantly monitor other filings so as to protect their brands in the market. In this article, we set out the procedure and requirements to file an opposition in China.
1. Important Timelines and Procedures
Article 30 of the Trademark Law states:
Any person may, within three months from the date of the publication, file an opposition against the trademark that has, after examination, been preliminarily approved. If no opposition has been filed after the expiration of the time limit from the publication, the registration shall be approved, a certificate of trademark registration shall be issued and the trademark shall be published.
Like virtually all trademark systems, China's CTMO publishes a Trademark Gazette with all preliminarily approved marks.
A trademark holder will then have three months to file an Application for Trademark Opposition with CTMO, including evidence substantiating its request. From there, CTMO will then send a copy of the Application to the applicant, who will have 30 days to respond. Both parties will then have three months from the date of submission of the Application to provide supplementary evidence.
Generally, CTMO will issue its decision through a notice within two to three years of the Application. Thereafter, either party may institute review proceedings with the Trademark Review and Adjudication Board (TRAB) within fifteen days. Subsequently, if a party is still dissatisfied with TRAB's decision, it can then file a suit against TRAB in the People's Court within thirty days of the review decision.
2. Legal Basis
There are numerous grounds for cancellation of marks:
1) Lack of distinctiveness (Art. 9, Trademark Law);
2) Identical or similar to name, national flag, national emblem, or other decorations of the People's Republic of China (Art. 10, Trademark Law);
3) Identical or similar to name, national flag, national emblem, or other decorations of foreign countries (Art. 10, Trademark Law);
4) Identical or similar to name, flag, emblem, or other decorations of international organizations (Art. 10, Trademark Law);
5) Identical or similar to official signs, demonstrating official control or warranty (Art. 10, Trademark Law);
6) Identical or similar to the symbols or names of the Red Cross or Red Crescent (Art. 10, Trademark Law);
7) Discriminatory against nationality (Art. 10, Trademark Law);
8) Exaggeration or fraud (Art. 10, Trademark Law);
9) Detrimental to socialist morals or customs, or having other unhealthy influences (Art. 10, Trademark Law);
10) Directly referencing quality, main raw materials, function, use, weight, quantity, or other features of the goods (Art. 11, Trademark Law);
11) 3-D marks whose shape is derived from the goods itself, required for technical effect or obtaining substantive value (Art. 12, Trademark Law);
12) Geographic indications for goods which are not, in fat, from the region indicated (Art. 16, Trademark Law);
13) An agent or representative registers, in its own name, the trademark for whom he acts as agent or representative, without authorization (Art. 15, Trademark Law);
14) The mark, registered in the same or similar class of goods, is a reproduction, imitation, or translation of another person's trademark not registered in China and is likely to cause confusion (Art. 13, Trademark Law); and
15) The mark, registered in non-identical or dissimilar class of goods, is a reproduction, imitation, or translation of another person's well-known trademark registered in China, misleads the public and is likely to harm the interests of the holder (Art. 13, Trademark Law).
Again, any interested party will have three months from the date of publication to file an Application for Opposition. Should the deadline pass, the trademark will be granted, and the only available remedy would then be an application for cancellation of the mark. Though the grounds are the same, procedures are somewhat protracted and, obviously, the holder will now enjoy the rights of the granted mark during the period of grant and cancellation. As a result, it is extremely important to constantly monitor and quickly react in order to protect trademark rights in China.
To support Singaporeans based in Pasir Ris in these aspects, here are the government grants and resources that you can utilize. These programs are administered by Workforce Singapore, a statutory board under the Ministry of Manpower.
A service excellence seminar will give you the competitive advantage you need to survive in a tough business climate. In today’s customer-oriented business environment, people skills are critical for personal and organizational success.
Likewise, a customer service excellence seminar gives you the skills you need to communicate professionalism, gain respect, enhance customer relationships and secure an overall competitive advantage through customer service excellence.
How you handle your customers can directly affect your individual goals as well as your team’s and company’s performance.
How to Get a Government Grant - Apply For Free Government Money
Every organization with managers can benefit from leadership development programs. By maximizing the effectiveness of your leadership pool, your entire workforce reaps benefits. While morale is a big part of this equation, a lot of the benefits are easier to demonstrate tangibly, and impact the organizations bottom line. Here is a list of five ways leadership development justifies itself with benefits to your workforce:
Five Key Benefits of Leadership Development:
- Boosts Morale: the most obvious benefit is also the hardest to measure. A poor leader can make any worker miserable, and miserable workers don't do their jobs well. Having your leaders be well trained and intentional in how they lead will have an immediate impact on the work environment, which leads to a snowball effect of positive outcomes. Though morale seems like an abstract, that doesn't mean that the results aren't noticeable.
- Limits Employee Turnover: Keeping your workers motivated, content and showing them respect makes it less likely they will leave. Less turnover impacts the bottom line immensely; you get to keep skilled staff and team dynamics while avoiding the cost of recruiting and training new employees. Don't underestimate the cost of cycling through a perpetually non-content workforce.
- Increases Productivity: Effective leaders are able to guide their team and minimize obstacles. They get the best results out of the resources at their disposal. This means that the team members are ultimately empowered to succeed, resulting in much better productivity.
- Provides Better vision: When leaders are well-connected with their team's, they can see the issues effecting the group better. This vision makes problem solving easier and keeps the group from being blindsided. Also, the more aware leaders are of the group, the better they are at creating a solid set of actionable goals which can lead to success.
- Fosters New Ideas: An effective leader is a good facilitator, making the comfortable enough to share new ideas, and allowing for them to study those ideas in detail. Being a good steward of new ideas can help keep your organization dynamic and ever evolving.
Who Should Attend ?
Thelearningtobefearless advocates that you belong to any of this you should consider attending such skill enhancement programs. Small business owners, customer service representatives, technical and support personnel, field service representatives, account managers, credit and billing specialists, as well as managers who want service excellence training.
How You Will Benefit ?
You would be able to deliver better, faster service, and increase customer satisfaction through a customer service excellence seminar. You will learn how to gain repeat business in Pasir Ris Singapore.
In addition to all this you should often check the Government jobs portal that aims to provide Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) with free job search service that matches them to jobs based on their relevant skills.